Education and Background
- Languages – English & Spanish
- Born and raised in the San Gabriel Valley
- Undergraduate degree in Biology – University of California San Diego, Revelle College
- Medical School – USC School of Medicine ‘88
- Internal Medicine Residency – UCLA 1988-1991
- HealthCare Partners Medical Group –Primary care physician and hospitalist caring for acutely ill and recovering geriatric patients recently discharged from the hospital or admitted from the ER requiring short-term skilled care at a nursing facility. 1991 – 2009
- Admitting Privileges at Huntington Memorial Hospital.
Appointments can be made by calling my office at 626-243-5211 from 8am to 5pm. Same day or next day appointments are almost always available, usually with little or no waiting time after you arrive. New patients will need to complete forms prior to their initial visit. Forms can be downloaded here.
I accept Medicare.
I am not contracted with any PPO insurance plans, other than the one provided to Huntington Hospital employees and their families. However, all PPO insurance companies will be billed. Since I am an out of network provider, please check with your insurance company regarding how much will be covered by your plan. HMO insurance is not accepted; payment will need to be out of pocket. You can find more detailed information about payment and insurance here.
Messages will be taken by my receptionist and calls returned promptly. In many cases, you will need to come in, as a proper diagnosis requires a physical examination. I encourage you to take as much time as you need to get your questions answered during an office visit. You are welcome to call my office if you have additional questions or concerns once you have returned home.
In case of any life-threatening emergency, do not call me! Instead you should always call 911 or go to the closest hospital for any emergency.
You will always hear back by phone or email from me or my staff about your lab results as soon as I review them.
Please call our office for urgent medical issues after hours and you will be connected by the exchange to the doctor on call.